Friday, January 05, 2007

Is being 33 equivalent to being middle aged?

Two days ago I was reading the obituaries (it is something that I do on a daily basis) and I saw that a friend of mine from college had lost his father. His father was only 56. I have noticed a trend lately (a bad one at that) of individuals dying in their early to late 50s. Since when did being in your 30s equate to being middle aged? I wonder if I am spending enough time with my parents. Since they are now both in their 50s, I wonder if they will be dying in the next few years. With the trend the way it is, I am really beginning to wonder.

I spoke to my husband about my fear of dying young and he felt the same way. Since both of us could stand to lose some weight, we both made a pact that once I am done with my pregnancy, we are going to change our lifestyles. Right now we eat better than we did the last time I was pregnant, but it is not enough. There will be a total revamp in our household once our next child is born. I am really looking forward to it.

1 comment:

Trudy said...

Hey new Mommy! Will you EVER post again? How about a pic of your beautiful new son?