Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Getting to know your neighbors

When Mike had lost his job back in March, I thought I was going to lose my mind. My husband, although I love him beyond belief, has a difficult time staying gainfully employed for an elongated period of time. Because he lost his job, we needed to find another place to live. My in-laws were wonderful in helping us with this task and they provided us with a home to live in (only five miles from where we were living) and buy from them on a contract-for-deed basis. It is not my dream home by any means, but it is a home and it is filled with family history (the home once belonged to my husband's grandmother).

Since moving, I have been trying to become more acclimated with the area in which I live. Most of the streets have numbers for names, which is very confusing to me. To make matters worse, I live in an area in which there are two roads named "Fourth" and one is an avenue and one is a street. I think you get the point of what I am explaining here! :)

Yesterday morning I had to bring Brody to the doctor for his never-ending bout of eczema. As I approached the turn lane for 494, I saw a Ford Focus dart right in front of my car. The streets of 5th and 7th are intersecting and also a gateway to many people running into cars trying to make it to 494. I got on to the freeway and managed to get behind the Focus again. It only took a minute before I realized who the driver of the Focus was. It wasn't difficult to figure out when I saw a frame that looked uncomfortably stuffed into the front seat of the vehicle. Yes, it is true--not only did my ex-husband almost side swipe my vehicle, but he lives in the city I do.

No comments: