Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sticking your nose in it

My husband's employer asked him yesterday to check a box that was on his original application form (from three months ago) that asked if he had ever been convicted of a crime. I do not believe it was intentional for him to have ignored the box, even though he has. Over 18 years ago my husband did something stupid with a group of "friends" that gave him a raw deal. My husband explained this to his employer and then asked if he would be fired over it. His supervisor said, "I do not know."

Okay, what is the point here? Why in the world would it make a difference after you have been working for an organization over three months? It sounds pretty shifty to me. We have already decided that if my husband is fired, we will be contacting an attorney. As my husband said, would you punish a 12 year-old dog for something the dog did when it was a puppy? It is a pretty good analogy and I don't understand why now, after three months, would his nose need to be pushed in it?

No comments: