Friday, May 11, 2007

And I'm telling you, I'm going...

Do you know what the best part about changing jobs is? Shredding. That's right; shredding. I have been shredding documents since I walked in the door at 8:30 this morning. There is nothing like the sound of paper going through the shredder; a loud, whirling noise that is almost on the verge of annoyance. I love it. What I love even more is that my co-workers can hear it throughout our office suite. I bet they are gritting their teeth and holding their heads as if they are in dire need of Excedrin. I LOVE IT!

You are probably asking yourself; why is she so angry against her current employer? Well, it is because there is a great injustice going on--almost to the point of being considered discrimination. My boss, who is a woman, is currently paying the only man in our office over $100K for making phone calls, puffing up his chest, and pretending to be important. Sounds like a great job, doesn't it? The next highest paid employee in our office, a woman, makes $40K less than he does and works her ass off. She puts in 10 hour days and goes out of her way to make sure she has a handle on all everything associated with her position. Can you see the problem here? It only gets worse.

I asked my boss for a raise in order to compensate for the $750 monthly medical insurance coverage and I was denied; that is why I sought out another position. When I told my boss I was leaving; what does she do? She hires someone and pays her $3K more than what I am making right now. Do you see what is wrong with this picture? I am the type of person who normally does not put up with people treating me unfairly, but I have to play nice because I need health insurance coverage for the next month for my family. I normally do not care about burning bridges, but in this case, I have to and it bothers me more than anything.

The countdown is on ladies and gentlemen; six days, 23 hours, fifteen minutes, 18 seconds...

1 comment:

Trudy said...

Sounds like perfectly justifiable angst to me! Take a deep breath, you're leaving soon.