Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Biting the line

Trying to support four people on one salary is very difficult. I sometimes wonder how my grandparents were able to support my mother and her six sibilings when my grandfather only worked during the spring and summer months. My grandmother, of course, did not work outside of the home. I always have to be sensitive when I make that statement because people who do not work outside of the home usually work much more inside the home.

When I found out that I would not be receiving a pay increase that was larger than our organization's three percent, I decided that I needed to cast a line out and see if there were any job prospects. The last time I looked for employment, I was so desperate to get away from my boss, I jumped at the first job that snagged my line. It wasn't a bad decision at the time; I had one less person to support in my family.

I have been "fishing" for three weeks now and I must say I am impressed. Out of 13 positions I have applied for, I have heard back on three. I guess I will have to keep casting and see what else bites my line.

1 comment:

Trudy said...

Good luck girl...I hope you catch a 'big' one!