Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Tear this circus down

In ring # 1: Last night Brody woke up screaming because he had an awful rash on his legs that he would not stop scratching. I made my husband take him to the ER ($75 co-pay) because I had no idea what would cause him to have such a bad rash. Mike was informed that it was due to laundry detergent. I found this hard to believe because I had used the detergent before and didn't have this sort of incident occur.

In ring #2: When they finally got home after filling a prescription for a liquid steriod that causes insomnia, it was almost 2 a.m. About a half an hour after we all fell asleep, Byron decided that he needed his breakfast at 4 a.m. His screams were heard throughout the house. I made his bottle and fed him until he finally fell asleep and I dozed off as well. I woke up at 6 a.m. and realized that I needed to get ready for work. If it wasn't for the audit going on at work right now, I would have called in sick today.

What I am trying to say in my blog today is that I am exhausted. I am exhausted from work and my home life. I feel like I am performing the circus act of the twirling plates on the sticks. If a plate slows down, I need to make sure it keeps going so it doesn't fall off and break into a million pieces. Am I the plate? Am I going to break into a million pieces if I slow down? I am so very tired and in need of some sort of respite. It needs to come soon because I cannot wait to tear the circus tent down.

1 comment:

Trudy said...

Oy! The detergent? Weren't you just telling me something about that?

Just cancel the circus altogether!