Friday, May 23, 2008

Just Realize

Have you ever noticed that if you think positive things, then positivity comes to you? Yes, this is a hypothetical question to anyone who reads my blog. But it is a question to think about. I was in a rut for a while after I had lost a close friendship, having (yet, another time) an unemployed husband, the lack of my son speaking, out of control debt, etc. I think you get the picture. My mother even commented that she had thought that I was in a severe depression. Now, in hindsight, I believe I was. I had often wondered if my negativity was causing negative things to happen in my life. Guess what? It was!

Over the last two months I have realized that I cannot help that my close friendship failed (it was probably going to happen anyway), I could not control my husband losing his job, my son's inability to communicate verbally, and I shouldn't take responsibility (soley) for the debt getting out of control. The main point is that I realized that I needed to do something about it and I have. My husband is now gainfully employed, my son is starting to verbalize more words and I have resolved our debt issues. Although not all of the issues have been resolved (nor will they), I have resolved those that I can resolve. Just realize....(thanks Colbie Caillat).

1 comment:

Trudy said...

I'm glad to hear things are turning around for you and glad Mike is working again. We could use some prayers if you feel so inclined, Steve has been laid off.