Friday, May 16, 2008

Karma Chameleon

There is a process in Middle-Eastern thought, more or less an aspect of philosophy, that states a person who allows themselves to be caught in actions that are non-self-serving are destined to repeat those actions without having the ability to break the cycle. I wish I would have paid more attention to the class I took in college, but I only remember a few of the principles that were taught in the class. I mean, we are talking about a class I took over seven years ago!

I am finding that each time I take an employment position I am unable to break out of the role I was initially hired for. Right now, I am on the verge of receiving a very well-deserved promotion that would allow me to do the things I excel at. There is one caveat to it; I will not receive a pay increase. I will be giving a lot more effort, but I won't be financially rewarded for it. I am very depressed over this and feel as if I am being denied--AGAIN! I really need to get out of this cycle. I will pray to God to provide me with the best answer.

No comments: