Friday, May 30, 2008

Working 9 to 5 (No more...)

For the first time in my career history, I have been rewarded with a job promotion. Well, I guess my promotion from teaching assistant to teaching assistant supervisor was a promotion back at SCSU, but it is not of the same magnitude. Yesterday afternoon I was offered the position in our single-family division as event coordinator and I gratefully accepted it. I will finally have a job that I love. I have been waiting for a very long time for something like this to happen and I am truly thankful it did.

Although I will not receive a pay increase, I will be rewarded by having work hours that I want, rather than work hours that someone else wants me to work. I will also have a large office space. Life is grand.


1 comment:

Trudy said...

Congratulations on your new position! I hope it works out well for you.