Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Hungry Heart

Like a river that don't know where its flowing...
I took a wrong turn and I just kept going...

I just had lunch with my good friend from one of my previous places of employment. She is in a bit of a funk right now because she has been there for five years and still does not feel as if she has a purpose for working there. I continuously tell her that she needs to make a change that would be beneficial to her--not just a change that would be for the sake of making one. Life changes need to have more than one benefit.

The most exciting thing about life is change. Nothing ever stays the same in life. We all need to do things that make us happier in life. If we don't do things that make us happier, then we all stay the same and never better ourselves. We all can use improvement in at least one area. Scary...for a moment that was a bit too motivational-speakerish! :)

Becoming too familiar with something often leads to contempt. I know it is a trite saying, but we all need to have a "hungry heart".

No comments: