Friday, June 13, 2008

The Ex Factor - The Final Chapter

Well... All I can say is that what I saw today has only reaffirmed why I divorced Wayne in the first place.

I entered the side door of the conference room and felt my heart beating out of my chest. I kept envisioning the two scenarios that I had dreamt about. I kept back and peered around the corner and saw that he was sitting at a table. I did not see his face to know it was him, I saw his girth. Wayne has gained AT LEAST 50 pounds since I last saw him (I am being conservative with my estimate). After looking at him for five seconds, I knew I had seen enough. He looked disheveled and unkept. It was evident that he wasn't taking care of himself, nor was anyone else.

My life is better now than it ever was while I was married to Wayne. I have a wonderful and amazing husband, as well as two adorable children. God has truly blessed me with giving me a second chance at marriage and at having a REAL life for myself.

1 comment:

Trudy said...

I'm glad things went well and you were able to reaffirm your decision. Guess that little rumor you heard about him LOSING weight didn't ring true!