Wednesday, June 04, 2008

The Weight is Over

Last night I went clothes shopping with my sister. It was the first time I had been clothing shopping since last fall. I used to be very apprehensive about shopping for clothes because I was afraid of not having anything fit--or the sizes were too depressing to look at. After being told by a co-worker that it looked as if I had a full-diaper in my pants, I felt it was time to invest in some new clothing.

I used to weigh myself every morning. I stopped that practice about seven months ago. I was becoming too anal retentive about gaining six ounces here, or losing a pound there. I was obsessive about my weight. Another contributing factor to stopping my scale craze was quitting smoking (which is over seven months ago now). I figured that I didn't need to know how much weight I was gaining by quitting smoking, so I stopped because of that as well.

In trying on the assorted clothes I selected for myself last night, I found that none of the sizes I had selected fit; they were TOO BIG! It was a good thing that my sister was there becuase I had to make her go back and get not one, but TWO SIZES smaller than what I wore last fall. I was elated!

I am still not at my ideal goal weight, which is what I weighed while I was going to college, but I feel much more happier about my appearance. I am so glad that the weight is definately over! :)

1 comment:

Trudy said...

Congratulations! Just be careful, you don't want to lose a "whole person".