Friday, June 06, 2008

Crush Me

It's crazy
I'm thinking
Just knowing that the world is round
Here I'm dancing on the ground
Am I right side up or upside down
Is this real or am I dreaming...

Next month it will be my three-year wedding anniversary. I often think of the circumstances of how I met my husband. It is truly an amazing, kismet sort of a story. Without telling the whole thing, here is an abbreviated version:

1) Went to housewarming party
2) Hung out at party for two hours
3) Left party
4) Went out to dinner with Gomez Adams (a.k.a. Vicodin)
5) Drank lots of alcohol at forementioned dinner
6) Left Gomez's house and drove back to party
7) Got to party and drank more beer
8) Ran into friend Trudy who was there with co-workers
9) Was convinced that I needed to go with Trudy to sing karaoke
10) At the last minute, changed mind and didn't leave party
11) Sat around fire and saw tall drink of water come in through the gate (literally)
12) Talked to cute, tall guy
13) Made out with cute, tall guy
14) Went back to cute, tall guy's house

Well, I think we can guess the rest of what happened without saying it. I must admit that we did not have a perfect relationship at first. I called him "Moochie Mike" and questioned his ability to keep a job for longer than two months.

He has been the only man who can truly put me into my place. He makes me laugh so hard that my sides ache. He makes love to me as if each time is the first time. He makes me cry with joy when he rocks my children to sleep. My husband is truly an amazing man and I feel very fortunate to have him in my life. I love you Michael and how you truly "Crush Me" every day.

3 comments:

Trudy said...

Congratulations on 3 years! But you forgot about the falling down and putting a hole in your new jeans part!

Stacy B said...

I almost forgot about that! :) Because of the "hole in the jeans" was the reason I didn't go with Mike for breakfast the next morning. I could have also mentioned the whole Freezies thing too, but I didn't.

Trudy said...

Yeah, I thought about the freezies too!