Monday, June 09, 2008

One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer (or four)

I don't drink alcohol on a regular basis. I used to drink quite a lot back in my bar hey-days, but I don't anymore. Last Friday I went to "Happy Hour" with my co-workers at the Muddy Pig over on Dale/Selby in St. Paul. It was to celebrate my new job and the promotion of another co-worker who also will be working in the same division as I will be. The Muddy Pig is known for its enumerate microbeer selections. On Friday, my choice of beer was called "Acme IPA". I cannot recall what it was made out of, but it was damn good. I must have liked it quite a bit since I cannot recall exactly how many I ordered. It was a good thing that Mike joined me there because I would have been in no shape to drive.

As the beer continued to flow, I became more and more boisterous. I really cannot recall what happened before we left, but I believe it involved making a toast and a lot of swearing. Mike told me the next morning that he didn't think it was a good idea if I drank heavily with co-workers again---period. I was a bit worried before I came to work this morning; wondering if I truly made as much of an ass of myself as Mike lead me to believe. I guess I was more worried about it than I had to be. I only received one comment from a co-worker: "Boy, you really don't know the people you work with until you go out to Happy Hour with them." Interesting, but cryptic...no?

No comments: