Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Ex-Factor

An important part of my new job involves coordinating events for single-family lender partners and their staff. One of our lender partners is Bremer Bank. My ex-husband used to work (and still does from what I am told) for Bremer Bank. Right now, as I write this, my ex-husband can be potentially in the same office building as I am and he can be watching the PowerPoint presentation that I created for our new program. Scary.

It has been over three years since I last saw my ex-husband. The last time I saw him I was seven months pregnant with Brody. I never figured out if he saw me trying to hide myself behind a cooler filled with english muffins and pudding, but I did see him. He had looked the same as he always had, which isn't a compliment.

I cannot stand my ex-husband, which is exactly why I am no longer married to him. The thought that I will potentially be confronting him sometime in the no-so-exact near future is thought enough in itself to make me sick to my stomach. Does that make sense? I will wait to hear from co-workers if he is in the training session. If he is in the training session, perhaps I will have to make a trip down---or not.

3 comments:

Trudy said...

Go for it, I know you're dying to see what he looks like now!

Stacy B said...

No. He is not there. I didn't have the strength to walk into the training myself, I waited to hear if he was there and I was told he wasn't. You are so right--I was dying to know if he was there or not. I guess I was not meant to see him today, but seeing him again will be inevitable.

Trudy said...

Well, good luck when you inevitably do run into him.

Life with all it's crazy twists and turns!