Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Mad World

This past weekend was not a very good one. On Sunday while I was with Mike and my children celebrating the holiday in Forest Lake, a tornado ripped through Hugo (which was four miles from where we were). We witnessed the devastation first hand as we drove the back roads of Centerville and Lino Lakes. I cried as I saw roof ripped from homes and barns crumbled like broken matchsticks. My heart goes out to the people who have suffered losses.

Yesterday Mike and I took the kids to his brother's house for another holiday celebration that took a turn for the worst. Without getting into too many details, all I can say is that my husband's brother is an awful person who does not deserve even half of what he has in life. It is not for me to judge him, I only pray that he redeems himself before it is too late.

When I came into work this morning, I found out that a very young woman I had worked with had died from cancer. She was only in her early 20s and still had so many years ahead of her. Kelly was truly amazing and touched so many people with her caring demeanor and zest for life.

It truly is a mad world; a mad world indeed.

No comments: