Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Not for the Weak of Stomach

I don't have a very strong stomach when it comes to smelling and handling the two fore mentioned things. It is okay when I am taking care of my own bodily functions, but when it comes to others, there is a reason why I never pursued a health care career.

Yesterday I came home to Brody vomiting all over the floor. I mean literally vomiting on the floor. My husband was chasing him around with a Glad plastic reusable container (not any more) and telling my son he needed to stop running around and sit down with the Glad container. When we finally got him to sit, we were able to take his temperature and it was over 100. I gave him some Tylenol and held him on my lap. He was lethargic, at best, and kept telling me how thirsty he was. I gave him small sips of Pedialite which resulted in his release of all I gave to him.

We were finally able to get Brody to sleep at 10 p.m. At 11:45 p.m., he was crying at his door telling us that he had pooped. Well...it wasn't just a normal bowel movement for him. When my husband opened the door to his bedroom, I immediately was hit with the sharp, sickening smell of very bad diarrhea. All I will say is that Brody's lower half of his body was completely covered. My husband tried to remove his clothing and in doing so, a spray of the disgust flew up and fell all over the carpet and bedroom door.

I was trying very hard not to lose what I had in my stomach. My husband picked Brody up and immediately started the bathtub. This meant that I was left to take care of the filth. I will not go into the details, but I will say that it was a milestone for me. I never thought I would be able to stomach what I did. I guess I was wrong! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Not sure I could have done that myself...my stomach was lurching just reading this! Way to go mom!

Hope Brody is feeling better soon.

Kelly Deneen Raymond said...

What a nightmare!!!! I would have lost it...or maybe taken Delia out to the backyard to hose her down. Ewww!

BTW, regarding the allergies and eczema, that is what I'm thinking. Supposedly our pedi won't do allergy testing until she is two, but I was thinking of requesting to see a dermatologist.