Thursday, June 04, 2009

A Momentus School Year

Today is the last day of preschool for Brody until next fall. This morning I reread all of the entries that I made in his notebook for school. This was the method of communicating with his teachers on his speech therapy. I am truly amazed by his progress over the past eight months. For instance, last summer Brody could verbalize about 15 words. Now, he has a vocabulary that I cannot even begin to measure...it has grown so much! :) I teared up when I wrote my final entry in his notebook this morning. I cannot believe that my child who once couldn't even ask for a drink of juice now tells me what his favorite kind of juice is! My husband and I are truly amazed by his progress. Next year he will no longer be in the special education setting preschool, he will be in a more challenging class that will meet four days a week instead of three. My husband and I no longer need to speak for Brody, he can speak for himself!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay Brody! I love the new blog title too!