Wednesday, June 03, 2009

An Odd Accident

I have decided to change the name of my blog. The reason being is that I am not too much into ranting and raving these days. I find that the time I am able to spend on my blog writing about the things that are on my mind, or what is currently going on in my life is truly a prescription for my soul.

Yesterday afternoon my husband, children and I witnessed a car accident on 35S at the Dodd Road exit. A SUV had rolled over several times and landed in the ditch. My husband immediately pulled our car over to the shoulder and I got out of the car. Two other vehicles, one behind us and one in front of us, also pulled over. The woman who was in the car behind us was an off-duty ENT and and older man was in the car ahead of us. It had appeared that the driver of the SUV, a woman, had either been reading or making a cell phone call. She was not concerned about her well-being; just a package of papers in a tan envelope. I thought this was odd behavior considering this person had just been in a car accident. After we made sure she was well enough to get out of her vehicle, the ENT took over and we left. As we were driving away, I wondered about the mystery surrounding the envelope. What were the papers? Why was she so distracted? What truly caused her to roll her vehicle on a sunny, dry day? Whatever the reason was for the accident, I hope this person will be okay.

No comments: