Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Emptiness

I have never felt so empty in my life. I have not seen, or talked to my husband or children since Monday morning at 8:31 a.m. when I left Buyck, Minnesota. I don't think I would feel as bad if I could at least talk to them, but that is not an option. Buyck is almost on the Canadian border and there are no cell phone towers, or signals at all. I miss them...more than I ever thought I would.

The moment I walked into my house on Monday morning, I immediately felt empty. I thought that being alone would be a good time to get the house cleaned, carpets shampooed, etc. So far, I have watched four movies, read one and a half books, three loads of laundry, washed a sink of dishes, cleaned the kiddie pool and cleaned the kitchen floor. What took me two days to complete without my family would normally take two weeks if they were home. Am I bitter about that? Absolutely not. I would rather have them here with me than complete domestic chores.

The one saving grace I have right now is work. I never thought I would admit that, but it is at least keeping me busy. I hope they are having a wonderful time. My emptiness will pass soon, but it is getting through it that is most trying for me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, I am sure they are having a wonderful daddy/sons time so hopefully that is a slight consolation for you?! Hoping the rest of the time goes by quickly for you!

Kelly Deneen Raymond said...

:( I hope they hurry home! And DO try to enjoy your time.