Wednesday, July 01, 2009

A Midsummer Night's Dream

The crickets were softly chirping as I was dreaming of my husband having his own body shop. I was dreaming about a 1964 Chevy Impala convertible driving through the doors of his shop when I suddenly had a large weight on my arm. I wasn't sure if I was still dreaming or not, but I realized I was no longer dreaming when I felt a small head in the nook of my arm:
Me: Brody, what are you doing?
(No response)
Me: Brody, it is 12:15 in the morning (which meant nothing to him). Did you have a bad dream? Come on, it is time to go back to your bed.
Brody: No, Mommy. I am thirsty.
Me: (nugding Mike out of sleep) Mike, Brody is awake and thirsty.
Mike: Hmmm....
Me: Mike, I need your help in getting Brody to go back to bed.
Mike: No response.
Brody: (louder) I am thirsty!
Me: Mike? (louder) MIKE!
Mike: What? (irritated)
Me: I am exhausted, can you please help me in getting Brody back to bed?
Mike: Yeah....(off to sleep again)
Me: Brody, go back to your bed and wait for Mommy to come back upstairs. Please be quiet and try not to wake up Byron.
Brody: Okay.
(I walk downstairs and find a sippy cup and fill it with milk. I walk back up the stairs and walk into Brody and Byron's bedroom).
Me: Brody...here is your milk.
(No response...Brody has fallen back to sleep).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL! Sorry, I'm sure it wasn't really that funny...but I'm glad he fell back asleep and hope mommy was able to as well.