Wednesday, November 15, 2006

It's always darkest before it goes pitch black

Despair. Isn't it lovely? I am in the midst of complete and total despair. My husband was denied his unemployment benefits yesterday. I had a complete and total breakdown and went into hysterics as I drove home from work yesterday afternoon. Did I mention that I am in my third trimester of my pregnancy? Well, I am. I had no business getting worked up the way I did. It just happened that way.

I used to care about what was going on in the world, but now I could care a less. I now wonder if I am going to be able to feed my family, if there will be a roof over our heads, if my unborn child will be born premature, etc. I think one can get the jist of what I am speaking of. I have not had my hair cut since June and I am in dire need of a color touch up as well. Do I care? No. These things are petty and will have to wait until other things are taken care of.

My husband seems to think that he will be getting his job back at his former place of employment on Friday. He has a meeting with his union representative and the bitch who authorized his termination. I have always subscribed to the belief that people who do bad onto others will, in turn, have bad things happen to them. Karma; it is a blessed thing.

1 comment:

Trudy said...

Good luck...I hope things work out on Friday!