Thursday, November 16, 2006

These days I feel my life is like a river running through...

This morning Cities 97 played one of my most favorite songs ever: "Year of the Cat" by Al Stewart. It wasn't just the regular radio version either; it was the extended version that included the piano solo at the beginning. It was nice to have such a treat this cold November morning.

I am beginning to feel more at ease about the fact that my husband is jobless. I haven't cried yet today, so that is a good thing. After tomorrow morning, I will feel even better. Tomorrow will go one of two ways: Mike is offered his job back or he isn't offered his job back. I really hope it is over for good. I feel it is time for us to have a clean break from the whole thing and try to get some normalcy back into our lives. I am doing everything that I can to keep my family secure and that is all I can do. The things that I cannot control or fix are completely out of my hands.

1 comment:

Trudy said...

That is truly an awesome song...I don't know that I've heard the extended version though...I'll have to try to check that out!