Thursday, November 30, 2006

Instant Karma

We all shine on; like the moon, and the stars, and the sun...

Yesterday was an interesting day. Mike called me at work to tell me that he was offered a temporary position working for a company in Columbia Heights doing the same work he had done before. He would be required to work 10 hour days that would begin at 4:00 p.m. The pay is $3 less than what he was making before, and it would be a longer drive for him as well. The other downside to this position is that since he would be required to work 10 hour days, he would not get home until 3 a.m. and possibly not to sleep until 4 a.m. I work at 8:30 a.m. Brody usually gets up at 7:00 a.m. As Brody grows older, he does not like long naps in the morning any longer. I fear that this position will not be the greatest for Mike or our family. Needless to say, I told him to take it. If it does not work, then we will deal with that later. We also do not know if this position will last two weeks, or potentially longer. We need money right now and that is the bottom line.

I also had a doctor's appointment yesterday afternoon and I found out that the child I am carrying is breech. This is not good news at all. I am hoping he will have a change of heart and do a somersault sometime in the near future. He is measuring two-weeks ahead of his size, which is not a surprise at all. I do not need a c-section with this pregnancy because it would require me to be out from work longer than the two weeks I had already anticipated being out for. Since my employer does not have a short-term disability policy, any time I take off for my pregnancy is unpaid (aside from the two weeks I currently have banked in vacation and sick time).

I really wish there was a simple solution to these problems. But, like the song says, I guess we all just have to "shine on".

1 comment:

Trudy said...

Huh...maybe you could try doing a few cartwheels to bring out the 'acrobat' in him? Good luck!