Monday, December 04, 2006

Happy, Happy Birthday Baby

Yes, today is my 33rd birthday. I should also mention that it is my brother Joshua's 19th birthday as well (Happy Birthday, Josh). Do I feel older today? That was the first question asked of me by one of my co-workers this morning. I said no, but I really think I should change that response to a yes. The first thing I did when I came in to work was spill half of a SuperAmerica English toffee cappuccino on my desk; which destroyed a large pile of important papers. Nice. Well, it can only get better from here. Well...maybe.

Last night I began to think back to my previous birthdays. Here are a few of the most memorable (not for good reasons either)...

Birthday #30 - I was sick with a sinus infection and had to leave work early. I went home and felt sorry for myself, so I watched "Gone with the Wind" on DVD. (This is something I usually do when I am ill)

Birthday #29 - I got a free birthday steak from Cherokee Sirloin Room, which was unedible due to the fact it was burnt to a crisp on the outside. I also received dead flowers from my husband at the time. Perhaps it was an early premonition of things to come.

Birthday #21 - The day before this birthday I had went to Perkins with a group of friends and, by accident, left my purse on the roof of my car and drove away. When I noticed its absence later on in the evening, I went back to Perkins and no one had the decency to turn it in. There was over $250 in cash in my purse. I had no license; I could not drink. A week later I received the purse in an USPS Priority Mail box and a note. The note said that the person was sorry, but they had to keep the money that was in my wallet because they needed it more than I did (yeah, right). He/she also told me that he/she was keeping my name and address so that they could return the money to me if he/she "ever hit it big". I am still not holding my breath over that one.

Birthday #14 - I was a selfish and self-hearted adolescent on this birthday because my brother was born and all I could think about was myself. I hate to think about how awful I used to be; that is why it is one of my non-favorite birthdays.

Birthday #4 - My friend across the hall, Kimmie, decided that she was going to cut off all of my ringlet adorned hair because we were playing house and I was the baby. Babies weren't supposed to have hair. My mother screamed bloody-murder throughout our whole apartment complex. I think the screaming is what I remember the most about my Golden Birthday.

2 comments:

Trudy said...

Ok, #29 is my favorite...just because I remember the story of the charred steak and 'foreboding flowers'. I do believe we shared a good laugh after the fact.

Happy Belated birthday baby!

Stacy B said...

Thanks darlin'! :)