Wednesday, December 20, 2006

There needs to be closure

Yesterday my husband had a telephone appeal hearing about his unemployment benefits. Almost a month ago he was able to come to an agreement with his former employer and they were willing to change his termination to a permanent layoff. By taking the "deal" my husband was informed by his union representative that Mike would be entitled to his unemployment benefits without reservation. This was incorrect. When he spoke to the unemployment judge on the telephone, he told Mike that he received a copy of the "deal", but it was only going to be taken into evidence and would not be a deciding factor in his decision. Once again we are left in limbo; wondering if things will be in our favor or not.

As the clock ticks by, I am also troubled by the decision pertaining to our health insurance coverage as well. I have left enumerated messages to the person handling my account for over a week and have yet to receive at least one return phone call. today I left a message for the person's supervisor, but I have not heard a response back. I know it is early in the day, but this is getting ridiculous. The reason I am so worried about this is not only because the clock is ticking toward the end of my pregnancy, but I could potentially receive a refund from my current insurance provider if I receive retroactive coverage. This means I would receive a credit back for over a thousand dollars. Since Mike is not working, this would be wonderful for us to receive.

Although I know I need closure to theose things that have been ongoing for quite some time, I do feel fortunate that I do not have the same problems that my other family members have. My cousin who recently gave birth to a Downs Syndrome child found out that child will also need to have heart surgery because she has a hole in her heart. Children are innocent and do not deserve to suffer.

My father also told me last night that my cousin, who has been married to his wife for over 18 years, was told that she wanted a divorce after she has been meeting her two on-line boyfriends and spending enumerated hours at the bar; smoking and drinking.

It could be worse, but some closure would be nice.

1 comment:

Trudy said...

Yes, it could always be worse but this has been going on long enough for you guys and I hope it is all resolved soon!

Hope you get your insurance check!