Thursday, December 14, 2006

Bah, Humbug!

I am really lacking the holiday spirit this year. We did not purchase a tree or deck the halls. I am too tired to do anything when I come home from work and the weekends have been filled with running from one place to another. I still have not completed any holiday shopping for gifts, and, to be honest, I am not sure when I will be able to either. The holidays are not the same anymore.

There used to be a time in which I loved the holidays. It was wonderful to be able to spend time with family and loved ones. Now I feel as if I am being controlled by my family members to do what they want and it really bothers me. I don't think that I would feel as awful if I wasn't pregnant, but I do. I haven't had the energy to do much of anything but get up, eat breakfast, go to work, east lunch, go home, eat dinner and go to sleep. I cannot tell you the last time I did something for myself. It was too long ago to remember.

I really want the holidays to be over with. Yes, I know...bah, humbug!

2 comments:

Trudy said...

Bah, humbug is right! Now is the time when you should be finding a renewed zest for the holidays! You have a 13-1/2 month old at home and NO TREE? You have a family of your own to think about now! Girl, I swear. If I can put one up for my cat, you can put one up for Brody, pregnant or not! Or you could just be a pregnant scrooge this year and do it next year...either way, totally cool with me!

Stacy B said...

I am opting for the pregnant Scrooge this year.