Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Still the same

I really like the song, "Still the Same" by Bob Seger (who is incidentally playing at the Xcel Center tonight). It is about a woman who like to play games without holding herself responsible for anything that comes from the game playing. She is a distant person who does not allow herself to become attached to anyone. I think the reason I like it so much is because that person used to be me.

I laugh about a lot of the things that I used to do. I am not sure if it is because I am humored by my previous actions, or if it is just because I cannot think of how else to feel about what I have done in the past. For example, when I was 21, I went to 'Club Hideaway' off of Rice St. with my friend at the time, Laurie, and told her that I could get the next guy who came out of the restroom to kiss me. I don't remember the name of the guy who was the lucky recipient of my kiss, but I do remember that he was wearing a light blue, button-down oxford shirt. I told him that I was getting married the next weekend and all I had wanted to do was know what it was like to kiss another man who was not my husband. He was willing to oblige, as long as I did it in front of his friend. Whatever. I did it and my friend was shocked to say the least. Well, at least I didn't have sex with Steven Pearcy from Ratt in the back of his tour bus like she did.

1 comment:

Trudy said...

OMG! Thanks for the flashback, Ratt used to be my absolute favorite band...my walls were peppered with their posters. Yet one more reason to utter 'What was I thinking'?