Friday, September 08, 2006

Happy Birthday to my former fiancé

Today is the 33rd birthday of my first fiancé, Andrew. Although I have to spoken to him in over a year now, I still think about him. He was my first "real" love; that is something that no one can ever forget. If it was not for Andrew, I never would have met my first or my current husband. Isn't that interesting? Andrew was my prom date when I was a Junior in high school. Although we went as friends at the time, we soon became boyfriend/girlfriend. After we moved in together, we became fiancé/fiancée. After being engaged for about a year, we were no more. I knew the end was in sight when I was making wedding plans and he asked me if I could meet with the priest who was to marry us on my own. Needless to say, it was over.

I haven't seen Andrew since I married my first husband. Interesting. I don't like to talk about my first husband, or discuss my first marriage at any lengths. The interesting part about my first marriage ceremony was that Andrew, his parents, his grandmother and sister were all in attendance. Oh yes--and Andrew's fiancée, Lisa. I think the worst part about ending my relationship with Andrew was the end of my relationship with his family as well. I loved as I loved my own family members. It is too bad that I wasn't able to keep my relationship with them.

Happy Birthday, Andrew. Best wishes for another year of life.

No comments: