Monday, September 25, 2006

Two sons; no daughters

Last week, I found out that I will be giving birth to another son. I have only told a few people the truth; I am sad that I will never know what it is like to have a daughter. My husband and I decided that after this pregnancy, I would not be having any more children. Since our odds of winning the Powerball are against us; we won't be having any more children. I am sad that I will never know what it is like to take my "daughter" to dance classes, talk to her about boys, cry with her through her emotional fits of hormonal rage. This really bothers me. I admit it. If one more person tells me that at least I will be able to reuse the clothes I have from my first son, I think I will vomit. For some reason I don't see how the ability to reuse clothing compares to having a female child.

2 comments:

Trudy said...

Oops, I believe I am among those that said at least you already have everything for a boy.

I'm such a schmuck!

Stacy B said...

No, you are not a schmuck. I love you! :)