Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Ahhh...Freak out (Le-Freak - So Not Chic)

I think I am at my wits end with my pregnancy. I have been freaking out for no real reason at things that are beyond my control. For instance, the following dialogue occurred between my husband and I yesterday afternoon after he purchased gasoline at a Mobil station:

Mike: Hello?
Stacy: What the hell happened at the gas station?
Mike: What do you mean?
Stacy: There are three transactions currently pending on the checking account for the gas station!
Mike: I put the card in first, and it didn't work. I went in and paid for it after I pumped the gas.
Stacy: What the hell?! Now we just filled someone's gas tank up because you prepaid gas and then paid for it a second time. Why don't you pay attention when you do things? Jesus Christ!

At this point my husband hung-up on me and I called him back. He wouldn't answer my call until I called three times in a row.

Stacy: Don't hang up on me ever again. When I call you; answer the phone. I could go into labor or something and I would be trying to deliver my child by myself. Don't do it again.
Mike: Do you want something?
Stacy: YES! What happened that we are now being charged three times for the gas? You are going to have to go back there and figure it out. If it goes against the checking account overnight, we will have charges over $96.
Mike: I guess we will have to wait until tomorrow.
Stacy: Tomorrow isn't good enough.
Mike: It is going to have to be because I am going to be late for work.

That was the end of the conversation because I hung up the phone on my husband. This morning I called the bank and discovered that we were not charged three times for the gasoline. There was only one charge for $32.

Stacy: I owe you an apology. There was only one charge for the gasoline.
Mike: I cannot hear you.
Stacy: I said I was sorry. Only one charge is pending right now.
Mike: You need to quit freaking out over stupid things.

He was right; I was freaking out for no real reason. If the charge happened three times, then I would have to take care of it AFTER it happened.

This isn't the only episode I have had lately. I have been jumping the gun continuously. When in the hell am I going to have this child? Not soon enough.

2 comments:

Trudy said...

Crazy pregnant lady. Just kidding, I do the same thing all the time, and I'm not pregnant so you should feel much better now!

Stacy B said...

Thanks sweetie! I have 14 weeks left. That is what I keep telling myself. :)