Monday, October 16, 2006

Wake me up when January ends

In two weeks I will be in the third trimester of my pregnancy--my final pregnancy. I am ready for the end at any time. My monthly check-up was today and I had gained six pounds since last month. My OB questioned this and I told her I had been retaining fluid. After poking my leg with her finger, she agreed with me. I did not receive a prescription for this; only told to watch my sodium intake. I don't know about the rest of you out in "Blogland", but trying to eliminated sodium completely from your diet is like trying not to drink any liquids. Pretty asinine if you ask me.

I also found out that I will be taking a glucose screening test at my next visit, which informs one if they have gestational diabetes or not. Last year I failed the test when I was pregnant with my son. The reason I failed it was because I had eaten a Caramello bar before I went to my appointment that afternoon. I was told that food had no effect on what you eat during the test. I guess that statement was incorrect. I had to take the three-hour test a week later, which ultimately came back negative. I have purposely made my appoinment for the first thing in the morning. I am not going to make it more difficult than it has to be.

1 comment:

Trudy said...

Well, I guess you would be assured of not taking in too much sodium if you didn't wake up until January ends. Hmm...perhaps a thought.

Good luck with the test!