Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Making it count

Why is it when a game is of utmost importance for our home team to win it is treated as if it doesn't matter at all? I am not just talking about the pathetic loss of the Minnesota Twins to the Oakland Athletics, I am also talking about the Vikings losing to the Buffalo Bills this past Sunday. What is wrong with Minnesota sports teams? Did the Twins really need two pitchers in the ninth inning? Can Brad Johnson ever throw a football longer than nine yards? I hate to say it, but I am missing Daunte Culpepper already. So much time was spent rallying for the Twins over the last 48 hours. Such a waste of time! they failed to deliver a win. I guess I should not be surprised.

3 comments:

Trudy said...

Ugh...boo, hiss! The Twin's loss wasn't pathetic, they played a good game in spite of facing a tough pitcher (who was also last years Cy Young winner). I'm not making excuses, it was a tough loss but I'm not giving up on my team. The same fans that rallied on Monday afternoon in Peavey Plaza are now screaming at them, what's wrong with that picture? They're not done yet!

As for the Vikings, granted, I didn't get to see the whole game on Sunday but would have to vehemently disagree with your assessment of our quarterback! He is one of the more accurate and longer passers in the league. Have you seen what Dante's been doing in Miami? No, you wouldn't have because he hasn't done crap! I wouldn't take him back for anything, he's a piece of crap!

Stacy B said...

Santana is also a Cy Young winner, but he didn't bring it to the table. It's all about the pitching.

In regards to Culpepper, I stand by what I said. The Daute Culpepper I am speaking of was the Daunte Culpepper we had LAST year. I am not talking about what he is currently doing because it is nonexistent. I could also continue talking about Randy Moss the same way. He was great when he was a Viking, but he has not brought it to the table for the Raiders.

On a side note, the only true Viking quarterback we ever had that is worth mentioning at all is Fran Tarkenton. You can't argue with that my friend.

Trudy said...

Yes, and Santana should be the one taking it home again this year, he also didn't pitch a terrible game yesterday, just came out on the losing end, unfortunately.

Huh, are you sure you meant what Dante did for us last year? Oh well, we can agree to disagree on that one.

Indeed, no argument there, we'll never have another Tarkenton just like we'll never have another Bud Grant. Ah..the good ol' days!