Thursday, October 12, 2006

The soundtrack of your life

I love how different songs can bring back memories of the past. For instance, when I met my husband Mike at a keg party (a long story, which is actually pretty cool), I remember constantly hearing a song by Wheat; "I Met A Girl". I think the chorus to the song is great, it is:
I met a girl I'd like to know better, but I'm already with someone.
I met my husband while I was still technically married, even though we had been "divorced" long before that.

When I used to play trivia with my girl, Ntrudr at BW3s, I consistently played two songs by Outkast on the jukebox; "Hey Ya!" and "Ms. Jackson". Those songs remind me of the fun I used to have with her when I had so much sadness in my life. I swear I was living in the bottom of a Miller Lite keg.

When I was a teenager, I use to write song titles in my journals to remind me of what songs were popular during the spring, summer, autumn and winter during my jr. high and high school years. I know that I was really obsessed with "Sowing the Seeds of Love" by Tears for Fears when I was a Freshman; "Cradle of Love" by Billy Idol, which came out the summer before my Sophomore year; "I Touch Myself" by the Divinyls, which reminds me of my Jr. Prom; "Crush Me" by the Dave Matthews Band, which reminds me of when I left my first fiance and went to live on my own; "Cannonball"by Damien Rice reminds me of when I came to the realization that above anything else in life, I needed to make myself happy. What a wonderful song!

I really think I need to get an IPOD or an MP3 player so I can listen to a lot of the songs I no longer hear on a regular basis.




2 comments:

Trudy said...

I think that sounds like a fabulous idea...I may have to grab an Ipod myself.

I just LOVE how music can do that!

Trudy said...

hahaha...by the way she failed to mention that this infamous keg party in which she met her husband was being thrown by two of the bartenders who were providing the much needed shelter in the bottom of those kegs of Miller Lite!

Haha...they were good times sweetie!