Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Don't ever buy the extended warranty - Part II

Yesterday I received a letter in the mail from Signet Financial Corporation in Vacaville, California, informing me that I was not entitled to a refund of my extended warranty because I had utilized it on 2/14/03. I found this to be ridiculous. The only time I had used it was when I had brought it in to have the stalling of the engine checked out. They did not find anything wrong with the vehicle when I brought it in; nor did they replace any parts--well, I guess there was a brake light out, which would have cost $3 at most.

Today I called Inver Grove Ford and finaly spoke to someone who wasn't chewing gum in my ear or speaking in a "sing-song" voice, who told me that I had received a rental car while my car was being serviced, which would have caused the warranty to be utilized. He told me he would send a copy of the work order to me via fax. I have not seen it yet, and I am not going to hold my breath either.

I am outraged by this. OUTRAGED! Since when does a $3 repair surmount to exhausting a $2K warranty refund? Bullshit. That is what this whole thing is; bullshit. DO NOT EVER BUY A VEHICLE FROM INVER GROVE FORD IN INVER GROVE HEIGHTS, MN. DO NOT EVER PURCHASE AN EXTENDED WARRANTY FOR A VEHICLE EITHER!

1 comment:

Trudy said...

Aww...I'm so sorry sweetie, that stinks. Leave it to those schmucks to find the loopholes. It all sounds quite fishy to me.

I will DEFINITELY stay away from Inver Grove Ford now. Thanks for the tip.